|Moderated by: Gary Cavett, CPA | DS&B
Senior Healthcare Consultant Not everyone can take the time or spend the money to attend the 2014 National Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) Conference in Las Vegas this year. So, we bring the information back to The Twin Cities to discuss with local experts and panelists. This is the perfect opportunity to come together to see what the leaders in healthcare are discussing going into 2015. Learn More About Gary
The 2014 MGMA National Conference, Condensed and Discussed
There will be several rapid fire presentations throughout the morning session, each lasting about 10 minutes that will summarize the top issues in healthcare management and latest developments. With each brief overview, Gary Cavett and Libby Hornibrook of DS&B will recap the best presentations that were given during this year’s MGMA National Conference and add commentary.
Select HMES presentations will then be followed by a panel discussion with local experts and medical practice leaders to speak about their perspective on the issues. In addition, our special guests from Alerus Financial and Fredrikson & Byron will present what they see as the big issues facing their healthcare clients in 2015.
Benefit to Attendees
The benefit for attendees will be not only a recap of the latest developments presented at the National MGMA Conference but also what their peers and experts expect the impact to be on their medical practices or professions here in Minnesota. The audience will also get an opportunity to ask their questions about these issues to the panelists and presenters. In one morning, you will know the top issues to watch for and understand how to get your medical practice ready for 2015.
MGMA Hot Topics, A Sample of Our Discussion Topics:
- Meaningful Use
- Compliance & Risk Management
- Physician Compensation
- Maintaining Your Independence
- Developing Benchmarks and Projections
- Electronic Medical Records
- Payer Contract Negotiations
- Accountable Care Organizations
- Economic Outlook
- And More… Your Questions Answered
- Understand a summary of the big issues in healthcare management coming in 2015, summarized by excepts from the National MGMA conference presentations.
- Discuss what impact these may have on medical practices, with panel discussions of experts and administration professionals.
- Interactive format to see what your peers think about the opportunities and challenges.
Date and Venue
- Wednesday November 19, 2014
- Golden Valley Golf and Country Club | Golden Valley MN
- Registration opens at 7:30 AM, Continental Breakfast & Refreshments Provided
- Session begins at 8:00 AM
- Session concludes at 11:30 AM
Educational Credits Offered
- 4 CPE Credit Hours through MNCPA
- 4 ACMPE Credit Hours through MGMA
President and CEO | Alerus FinancialJoin Alerus Financial for a discussion on current trends, hot topics, and a glimpse into the future of the financial services industry with President & CEO Randy Newman and COO Kris Compton. Randy and Kris bring a balanced perspective to this topic from not only their decades of experience with Alerus, but also from Randy’s role as director of the Ninth Federal Reserve in Minneapolis. Learn More About Randy
Chief Operating Officer | Alerus FinancialIn addition to the balanced perspective and leadership experience with Alerus, Kris served as a board member for Altru Health Foundation. Learn More About Kris
|Gail F. Brandt, J.D., M.A., A.B.
Shareholder | Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.It’s your chance to ask a team from Fredrikson & Byron your burning questions on current topics. Gail Brandt, Kevin Riach and Ryan Johnson will answer questions on the topics discussed at the MGMA Conference in and other new developments. Learn More About Gail