DS+B | CPAs + Business Advisors
DS+B is a top 25 public accounting firm that places a high value on accountability, integrity and professional development.
About the Opportunity
DS+B is a top 25 public accounting firm located in downtown Minneapolis. We are seeking an energetic professional to help service the needs of our privately held business clients, including their owners and families. Our growing small business team is currently seeking an entry level (0-2 years) Accountant whose interests are in building good working relationships with clients through effective communication and an effective understanding of finance.
Each day, you will have the opportunity to see how successful companies operate – from entrepreneurs to family-run businesses to growing Minnesota companies. Our firm’s mission, training and client base will provide you with challenging, valued work as well as opportunities for career advancement.
This position requires the ability to capably perform the functions of entry-level accounts and to take on more complex tasks. Accountant is expected to perform a wide variety of diversified accounting and tax assignments under the supervision of different professionals. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge and ability to meet time constraints.
- Records transactions in ledgers, prepares trial balances and financial statements using software programs
- Reconcile accounts to control accounts
- Perform schedule computations of accruals, property and equipment and calculate depreciation expense
- Prepare business tax returns
- Work with clients on a monthly basis
- Perform other accounting, auditing and tax duties as needed in engagement and as assigned by supervisory personnel
- Ability to self-motivate
- Willingness to learn and be challenged
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with team member and clients, written and verbal
- Capable to efficiently work in a deadline oriented environment
- Ability to provide exceptional client service
- Demonstrate high ethical standards
- Positive attitude
- Desire to advance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CPA certification or CPA certification eligible
- Prior accounting internship experience preferred